Oakville Middle School
Chapter of the National Junior Art Honor Society
Sponsor: Mrs. Adams-Marks, Room #117. email@example.com
- MOST 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month 3-4:45pm throughout school year
- Students will be notified in advance of meeting cancellations. Exact dates will be provided.
- Students must ride the bus or be picked up after school no later than 5:00pm.
will be expected to attend 80% of every meeting and activity. Students
may miss only four meetings/activities each year due to illness or
special circumstances. If a student has more than four unexcused
absences per year, they may forfeit their membership in the chapter.
Students may leave early for special circumstances with a note, phone
call or email from their parent.
in this chapter shall be based upon art scholarship, service and
character. To be eligible for selection, students must have a minimum
grade of a “B” or better in art classes; have a “C” or better in other
classes; and remain in “good standing” for the entire school year at
OMS. The student must be in the 7th or 8th grade and must be enrolled in Art 1 or Art 2 this semester or next semester, or have been enrolled in Art 1 last year.
Activities: The purpose of this chapter shall be to:
- Foster excellence and a dedicated spirit to the pursuit of visual arts
- Bring art to the attention of the school and the community
- Inspire and recognize those students who have shown outstanding ability in art
- And, further creative abilities and talents of the society’s members, as well as the entire student art enrollment.
Fees:$12 annual membership fee, which covers OMS NJAHS dues to the National Art
Education Association, plus supply fees for the OMS NJAHS chapter projects